Frequently homeowners and insurance companies need information regarding the closest fire station and hydrant. You may call our office at (904) 209-1740 (press Option 5 for Fire Marshal’s Office) or we now have an interactive map online (iMap) through GIS that will show ISO or PC information.
You can search your address and use the Fire Services layers to show:
- 5 mile road distances
- Fire stations
- Fire hydrants
- iMap (Interactive Online Mapping)
Properties served by St. Johns County Fire Rescue* are either a Class 3, 3x, or 10.
- Class 3 applies to properties within 5 road miles of a fire station and within 1000 feet of a hydrant.
- Class 3x applies to properties within 5 road miles of a fire station but beyond 1000 feet of a hydrant.
- Class 10 applies to properties further than 5 road miles of a fire station.
Our hydrant map is constantly updated; however there is a possibility that there may be a closer hydrant then what iMap indicates. Our office offers a Fire Insurance Verification Letter. An inspector will verify the distance to the closest fire station and hydrant and mail a letter verifying this information. The fee is $21 (checks can be made out to St. Johns County BCC).
* Fire Station 18, at 1055 Crosswater Parkway in Nocatee is now recognized and Class 3/3x applies.
PLEASE NOTE: If you live within the City of St. Augustine, please contact their department at (904) 825-1098 for your insurance rating.