- St. Johns County Labor Day Holiday Hours – All administrative departments of the St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners, Library System, and Pet Center will be closed Monday, September 1, in observance of the Labor Day Holiday. All offices will resume standard business hours on Tuesday, September 2. Garbage, recycling, and yard debris schedules will not be changed and the Solid Waste scale houses at Tillman Ridge and Stratton Road will remain open. Labor Day Closings
- "Reach the Beach" Program to Help St. Johns County Residents and Visitors Enjoy the Sand, Sun, and Surf During Labor Day Weekend – Reach the Beach
- FY 2015 Tentative Millage Rates & Budget – The St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners will consider the FY 2015 Tentative Millage Rates and Budget during a public hearing at 5:01 p.m. on Wednesday, September 3, 2014 in the Administration Building County Auditorium, 500 San Sebastian View. Please view the FY 2015 Tentative Millage Rates and Budget for additional information.
- FY 2015 Proposed Budget Overview – In August, St. Johns County property owners received a FY 2015 Proposed Budget Overview in their Trim Notice. The document provides a summary of FY 2015 Budget highlights, fund allocations, and services provided by St. Johns County. For additional information, please contact the Office of Management and Budget at (904) 209-0530.
- St. Johns County – FY15 County Budget and Beyond – St. Johns County Administrator Michael Wanchick periodically addresses local civic, non-profit, and business organizations to present information about the county budget, capital improvement projects, and strategic long-term planning. View the State of the County presentation.
- Last Call for 2014 Washback Sea Turtle Season Volunteers – Volunteers are needed to survey the wrack line on beaches for stranded sea turtle hatchlings. Training is from 6-7 p.m. on August 29 at the South Ponte Vedra Recreation Area, from 9-10 a.m. on August 30 at Frank Butler Park East, and from 9-10 a.m. on September 6 at Surfside Park Pavilion. Washback Sea Turtle Volunteers
- Ponte Vedra Water Meter Replacement Project – The St. Johns County Utility Department will begin work to replace and/or upgrade approximately 10,000 Ponte Vedra service area water meters in September. Water Meter Replacement Project.
- Durbin Creek Exploration Kayak Trips – The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks Department is hosting a guided kayak tour of Durbin Creek from 9 to 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, September 11 and Saturday, September 13. Durbin Creek Kayak Trip
- Family Integrity Program Seeking Foster Parents and Mentors – Qualified volunteers are needed to work with children in our local child welfare system as foster parents or mentors. Classes required to become a foster parent, or to adopt a child, will begin with an orientation session from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Monday, September 8, and the nine week curriculum begins Monday, September 15. Foster Parent Program
- St. Johns County Libraries Hosting Flood Risk and Mitigation Workshops – James R. Schock, St. Johns County Floodplain Manager and Plans Examiner; is presenting a series of workshops to provide information regarding flood risk and mitigation strategies beginning September 12. For more information, please contact Mr. Schock at (904) 827-6806 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Workshop Information and Schedule.
- FDOT SR-9B Public Hearing – The Florida Department of Transportation invites you to attend a public hearing to discuss proposed improvements to SR-9B in Duval and St. Johns Counties from 4:30-6:30 p.m., Monday, September 15 at the Courtyard by Marriott, 14402 Old St. Augustine Rd, Jacksonville. FDOT SR-9B Public Hearing
- St. Johns County 2013-14 Accomplishments, Accolades, and Recognitions – Please review the St. Johns County Accolades, Accomplishments, and Recognitions List, to learn more about the investment of public resources in St. Johns County’s current and future quality of life, and the difficult role the County Commission plays in successfully guiding our county to its status of one of the most successful in the State of Florida.
- FY 2015 Recommended Budget Presentation – County Administrator Michael Wanchick presented the FY 2015 Recommended Budget to the Board of County Commissioners on July 29, 2014. FY 2015 Recommended Budget Presentation
- Sea Turtle Nesting Season Rules – Beach driving and lighting rules are in effect May 1 to October 31. Beach driving is only allowed from 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and all beachfront properties are required to reduce interior and exterior lighting which may impact nesting sea turtles. Sea Turtle Nesting Season and the Habitat Conservation Program.
- Sea Turtle Nests – Get the latest sea turtle nesting & hatching info! Turtle Tracks.
- St. Johns County Board and Committee Vacancies – Current vacancies.
- Meet the Featured Adoptable Pets of the Week!
- Board of County Commission Meeting Agendas – View agendas on the Clerk of Courts website. For information related to an agenda item, just click the text of that item.
- MySJCFL – Find out who your Commissioner is, what library branch is closest, school zones, House and Senate Districts, and more @ MySJCFL.
- Interested in proposed development projects? See the Development Permit Database.
- Drive in St. Johns County? Get road construction advisories at www.sjcfl.us/Traffic.
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities.
Public records requests may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or contacting us directly. For more information, please contact Board of County Commissioners Records Management @ email@example.com, or (904) 209-0805.
Fair Housing – For questions about the Fair Housing Act compliance, please contact: Homeownership Programs Administrator, Dana Froberg at (904) 827-6895.
Americans with Disabilities Act – For questions about Americans with Disabilities Act Procedures, please contact the Compliance Officer, Katie Diaz at (904) 209-0650.
Equal Opportunity Employment – For questions about Equal Opportunity Employment compliance, please contact Director of Personnel, Stacey Stanish at (904) 209-0545.