Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to receive updates, resources, and learn more about upcoming events!
We have teamed up with Recycle Coach to help educate our residents on proper recycling! Visit Recycle St. Johns for more information and download the app!
Garbage, recycling, and yard debris collection schedules are managed directly by the residential service providers. If you need to obtain your curbside collection schedule, please use the Recycle Coach widget on our website or contact your service provider directly.
Request a Recycle Cart
- Paper & Cardboard
Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, office paper, cereal/food boxes, and flattened cardboard.
- Plastic Containers
Clean and empty food and beverage containers, soap bottles and jugs, empty pill bottles. Labels do not need to be removed. NO Styrofoam®, NO plastic bags.
Clean and empty milk, juice, soup, broth, and wine cartons.
Bottles & jars (clear, green, & brown) only. No windows or ceramic containers.
Aluminum & metal food and beverage containers only (clean and empty).
- "Take Five" Recycling Flyer
Do You Wishcycle? Tossing questionable items in the recycling cart, hoping they can somehow be recycled. Don't be a wish-cycler, place only the items listed above in your cart!
Cardboard Recycling Drop Off
Cardboard boxes can be flattened and taken to the Cardboard Recycling Drop-Off Center, free of charge. No other recyclables will be accepted at the Drop-Off Center at this time.
Our Recycle Coach app has image recognition software. Just take a picture of an item and it will tell you if it is recyclable!
- Garbage, recycling and yard debris must be separated by resident and placed curbside by 6 a.m. on the scheduled collection day.
- Place recyclable materials loose (unbagged) in your recycling cart provided by your service provider.
- Place the cart no more than three (3) feet from the curb and all obstructions to ensure the automated arm can safely grasp the cart.
- All items must fit into the cart to be collected. The service provider's collection crews do not pick up any material that is not in a recycling cart.
- Do not overfill your recycling cart. This reduces the amount of recyclables that may fall out of the cart and onto the right-of-way.
- Labels and plastic caps do not have to be removed prior to recycling. Rinse as necessary and make sure everything is empty, clean, and dry.
- Recycling carts placed in front of vacant lots, lands, or properties will not be collected.
- Refrain from placing your cart near parked cars, mailboxes, light poles or other objects as the truck will not have sufficient clearance to lift and empty the cart.
Do NOT Recycle the Following Items!
- Recycling Equipment Tanglers: No plastic bags or film wrapping, holiday lights, wire, electronics, or bubble wrap.
- Non-Container Plastics: No toys, hangers, packing peanuts, garden hoses, etc.
- Contaminants: No food waste, garbage, Styrofoam®, diapers, mirrors, window panes, ceramic containers, yard waste, tires, or any item not listed on acceptable recycling list.
Questions or Concerns?
Do you have any questions or concerns regarding your residential curbside services? Contact Solid Waste Division.