Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to receive updates, resources, and learn more about upcoming events!
Recycle Coach App – We have teamed up with Recycle Coach to help educate residents! Visit Recycle St. Johns for more information and download the app!
Garbage, recycling, and yard debris collection schedules are managed directly by the residential service providers. If you need to obtain your curbside collection schedule, please use the Recycle Coach widget on our website or contact your service provider directly.
Residential Garbage Guidelines
- Place all household garbage into trash cans or plastic trash bags secured to prevent scattering of waste due to animals or wind.
- Place cans and bags curbside within 3 to 5 feet of the edge of the traveled portion of the roadway by 6 am on scheduled collection day.
- Garbage placed in front of vacant lots, lands, or properties will not be collected.
- Residential Guidelines Brochure.
- Garbage, recycling and yard debris must be separated by resident and placed curbside by 6 a.m. on the scheduled collection day.
- Non-containerized garbage, excluding bulky waste, will not be collected. No can or bag may exceed 50 lbs.
- Special waste such as tires, construction & demolition debris, and household hazardous waste is not collected curbside.
Large Item Pick Up
- Recycle appliances curbside by scheduling a collection with your service provider.
- Place large, bulky items out at the curb next to your regular garbage. This includes: couches, sectionals, mattresses, household furniture, etc.
Questions or Concerns?
Questions or concerns regarding your residential curbside services? Contact Solid Waste Division.