HHS Independent Agency Funding Availability
The primary goal of the St. Johns County Health and Human Services Department (HHS) and the St. Johns County Health and Human Services Advisory Council (HHSAC) is to assist families and individuals to lead healthy, stable lives, and to achieve the maximum level of self-sufficiency possible. The SJC Health and Human Services Independent Agency Funding Program is a reimbursement program that aims to provide social services to St. Johns County residents in need. The funding will provide necessary financial assistance to non-profit agencies that serve eligible county residents.
Health and Human Services and the HHSAC have identified the following three funding objectives as high priorities and service gaps that must be addressed in our community:
- Community Healthcare and Aging
- Affordable Housing and Homelessness
- Employment Opportunities
Approximately $1,500,000.00 is anticipated to be awarded under this funding application process. These funds are estimates only, and are contingent upon the BCC approved budget for Fiscal Year (FY) 2023. Please note that the available funds listed may be increased or decreased at any time without notice at the sole and absolute discretion of St. Johns County. Additionally, the County intends to fund one or more agencies up to the estimated available dollar amount(s).
Application Submission Procedures
Applicants seeking funding must complete and submit one electronic application, including all required documents, forms, and attachments, for each proposed project/program, through the eCivis portal. Applications must be submitted by 3:00p.m. on June 3, 2022.
To begin the application process, visit the eCivis Portal. Applicants should review each of the five tabs shown on the funding page before starting the application to ensure project eligibility. The Files tab contains all documents that are required to complete and submit with the application. The files must be downloaded and completed before they can be uploaded into the application. When ready to start the application, click on the Apply button on the top left side of the screen. This will take you to the grant application portal where you gain access to the application.
- Current eCivis users must log in by entering the agency’s current username and password, and clicking on eCivis Login, to gain access to the application. Contact email@example.com with questions regarding eCivis account status.
- If an applicant is not a current eCivis user, a free eCivis Portal account must be created to gain access to the application. Click the green Create an account button to get started. After you create an account, log in by entering your username and password, and click on the Portal Login button.
- For technical questions regarding the submission portal, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you log in, you will be brought to the application. You will be prompted to complete your profile before beginning the application. Complete all fields and select Save.
- From the grant application tab, click Get Started to access and complete the application.
Any applicant, or any person acting on behalf of an applicant, is prohibited from lobbying the County with respect to a funding application. If an applicant has any questions regarding the announcement of availability of funds, the applicant shall contact the person identified in the announcement as the contact person for the County. Applicants who fail to comply with this prohibition are subject to automatic rejection of their application, without further recourse, and disqualification from consideration for funding.
Application and Related Documents
- Independent Agency Funding Application
- Independent Agency Funding Application Timeline (pdf)
- Independent Agency Funding Application Instructions (pdf)