Agricultural Center / Extension Services
Solutions for Your Life
Who We Are
The Cooperative Extension Service is a nationwide educational network and partnership between state universities, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), and County governments. All universities engage in research and teaching, but the nation's more than 100 land-grant colleges and universities have a third critical mission—extension. Land-grant institutions "extend" their resources, solving public needs with university resources through non-formal, non-credit programs. The Cooperative Extension Service is administered by the University of Florida, and St. Johns County Commissoners provide support for local faculty, staff and facilities. Visit their website at https://sfyl.ifas.ufl.edu/stjohns/
What We Do
The Cooperative Extension Service conducts educational programs in agriculture, horticulture, family and consumer sciences, marine interest, and 4-H youth development program (view a short 4-H video). Locally-based advisory committees assure that programs are designed to meet community needs. Volunteer training is strongly emphasized in our programs to enable us to reach more of the county's population.
- Seminars, demonstrations, field days, public exhibits, workshops
- Networking with educational, governmental and human resources agencies
- Speaking to garden, service, civic clubs, schools and commodity groups
- Publish newsletters, magazine articles, research reports
- Provide guidance to questions you may have related to Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Diagnostic services: soil testing, plant disease, insect and nematode identification
- Training for professional in-service needs and extension volunteers
Our programs are open to all residents regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin or handicap. In compliance with ADA, participants needing special accommodations to attend programs should contact the office one week prior to the activity.
Location & Contact
Timothy W. Wilson, County Extension Director
Phone: (904) 209-0430
3125 Agricultural Center Dr.
St. Augustine, FL 32092-0572. Google Map
From I-95, take Exit 318 to SR-16 West, then almost immediately turn left onto CR-208. Take the first street on the left, which is Agricultural Center Drive. The building is located at the southernmost end of the road.