St. Johns County Naturalist Programs
AyoLane Halusky, County Naturalist | P: (904) 209-0348 | F: (904) 209-0321 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities at St. Johns County Parks may be scheduled for school trips, home school groups, Scouts, 4-H and other youth or adult groups. Park Naturalist Programs are free and open to the public. Contact AyoLane Halusky, County Naturalist at email@example.com or call (904) 209-0348 to schedule activities.
Events & Activities
Beach walks are back! Join Parks Naturalist Kelly Ussia for a fun and engaging sunset walk on the beach and learn about the amazing wildlife that call the ocean their home. Register Here.
9:00 - 11:00 a.m. | Usina Boat Ramp
- November 3 | Nets and Traps
- November 10 | Surf Fishing
To provide St. Johns County residents and visitors with opportunities to become better educated about the wilderness systems, historical relevance and sharing St. Johns County's Blue and Green-Ways areas along side the natural communities, mutually benefiting from each other.
To provide opportunities for the visitors and citizens of St. Johns County to experience and learn about our local natural and historical areas, creating a deeper connection while supporting sustainable communities that work with the Earth's natural systems.
Goals and Values
- Education: Offering programs that teach individuals and groups about our environment, flora and fauna, local history, and the interaction between natural systems and the developed world. These programs are designed to foster connections with the environment by dispelling fears and fables and empowering individuals with knowledge, safe wilderness practices, and positive experiences.
- Exploration: Come kayak and hike through our Green- and Blue-way spaces with a trained naturalist. Develop a life-long connection with the environment while exploring our passive parks and waterways. Offering group and individual tours, special events and programs. Public and private, day and overnight trips can be arranged seasonally.
- Preservation: As we come together as a community that understands the value of our natural areas, we can develop ways to promote, protect, and preserve local wilderness and waterways for future generations. The St. Johns County Naturalist Program will work with local conservation groups and volunteers in environmental programming, events, and clean-ups.
Programs & Activities
- Nature Walks and Programs
- Master Naturalist Classes
- Volunteer & Educational Opportunities
- Explore Blue-way and Green-way Trails
SJC Parks and Recreation – Where everybody plays.