Resident Information and Resources


PRIDE System If you need to reach a County Department with a comment, complaint, request or issue use the PRIDE system. You can input your info and track the response and progress right online.

General Information

Affordable Housing
St. Johns County can help you realize your dream of owning your own home. Find out more about our Affordable Housing Programs.

Looking for a new best friend? Visit our Pet Center! All dogs and cats 4 months and older are required to be inoculated for rabies by a licensed veterinarian. A leash law for dogs and cats is enforced. To report unleashed or stray pets, contact SJC Animal Control, (904) 209-0746. Please Note: Any agricultural issues (e.g. chickens, horses, cattle) should be directed to the Agricultural Deputy of the SJC Sheriff's Office.

The SJC Beaches section has information about beach passes, beach rules, a Beach Access list, and the Sea Turtle Protection Program. Florida's Historic Coast has an amenities listing of federal, state and local parks and beaches.

Boat Ramps
Fresh and salt water boat ramps list complete with GPS coordinates.

Building Permits
Construction of most structures in the County will require a building permit. To check Clearance Review status (in many cases required prior to permitting) and Permit Status visit the Building Permit Status Page.

Certificates. Where do I get a.... ?
Birth, Death, Marriage and Divorce Certificates can all be obtained through the Florida Department of Health, Office of Vital Statistics.

Code Enforcement
The SJC Guide to Code Enforcement and contact information.

Council on Aging, Inc.
Council on Aging has information on outreach services which enable elder residents to live independently and with dignity while remaining contributing members of our community.

Driver License
If you are a new Florida resident, you have 30 days to change your license. The SJC Tax Collector's Office is a full-service drivers' license agent.

Educational Resources
Get information about St. Johns County School Districts

Emergency Management
The Department of Emergency Management is responsible for the Disaster Preparedness of our County and the Evacuation Assistance Program for our citizens who need assistance in the event of an evacuation.

Emergency Services
SJC utilizes a 911 computerized emergency call system. Dial 911 for fire, rescue and police aid. You will be connected with an ES operator.

Fishing and Hunting
With some exemptions, licenses are required and available from the Tax Collectors Office, (904) 209-2250. Proper identification is required. For complete information about hunting and fishing regulations, see the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, 1-850-488-4676.

Florida State Government State Government information and e-services portal.

Garbage / Recycling
Residential Garbage and Recycling Guide. Need to dispose of trash not covered by normal garbage collection? Visit the Solid Waste Department's web pages for more information about scale houses and community collection days.

Report illegal dumping to the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.

Homestead Exemption
Florida homeowners are entitled to a tax exemption if they own and occupy their homes as of December 31 of the prior year. For more information, contact the Property Appraiser's office.

Hurricane Preparedness / Disaster Planning

Need to dispose of solid waste not covered by your normal garbage collection? Visit the Solid Waste Department's web pages for more information about scale houses and community collection days.

The St. Johns County Public Library System provides programs and services to all SJC citizens at its branches and via the internet.

Marriage Licenses
Marriage licenses may be obtained through the Clerk of Court's Office.

Mosquito Control
For local contacts and fogging information line, visit Mosquito Control.

Neighborhood Bill of Rights
To learn about the rights Neighborhood Associations have in regard to St. Johns County Government and land development, visit the Neighborhood Bill of Rights webpage.

Parks and Beaches
SJC Parks Department facilities list provides information about County owned / maintained parks. Florida's Historic Coast covers federal, state and local parks and beaches.

Passports may be obtained through the Clerk of Court's Office.

Recycling / Garbage
Residential Garbage and Recycling Guide. For more information about Collection and recycling, visit the Solid Waste Department's web pages.

Relocation Guide
New Resident Relocation Package is available through the Chamber of Commerce.

Sunshine Bus Company
The Sunshine Bus Company provides low cost, reliable transportation for riders of all ages.

There is no personal income tax in the state of Florida. Property tax information can be found through the SJC Tax Collector and the SJC Property Appraiser offices. Local Business Taxes are required from most businesses, professionals and enterprises. There is a state sales tax. Municipalities may also levy taxes.

Traffic Infractions
Information about County traffic citations and payments can be found at the Clerk of Court's website.  For local municipality citations, contact the local City Hall.

Water and Sewer
Many areas of the county are serviced by the St. Johns County Utility Department. For more information about who services your area, contact the Utility Department, (904) 209-2700 or toll free, 1-877-837-2311.

Weather Tracking
NOAA National Weather Service provides weather forecasts and comprehensive hurricane information.

Where do I get a ____________ Certificate?
Birth, Death, Marriage and Divorce Certificates can all be obtained through the Florida Department of Health, Office of Vital Statistics.

Vehicle Registration
For information see the SJC Tax Collector's Tags & Titles page.

Veterans Services
The Veterans Service Office, (904) 209-6160; assists veterans and dependents in applying for benefits and privileges to which they are entitled. This includes preparation of formal claims and appeals relating to compensation, education, loan guaranty for homes, special adapted housing, pension, medical care, insurance, burial benefits and related matters.

Residents, 18 or older, may register to vote in local, state and national elections. Registration requirements and voting information can be found on the Supervisor of Elections website.

This list is provided as a courtesy to St. Johns County residents. All care has been taken to insure that the information provided answers commonly asked questions and is accurate. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list of area services.






Florida’s Historic Coast
Images of St. Johns County