Utility Department Development Group
2023 Proposed Standards
View the 2023 Proposed Standards webpage. Effective February 1, 2023.
St. Johns County Utility Department (SJCUD) Development Group is responsible for overseeing the planning, design, and construction of new water, sewer and reclaimed watermains within the St. Johns County Utility Service Area. Also, we are responsible for assuring that existing customers who seek changes to their water and sewer usages can be accommodated. All utility work must be approved by SJCUD prior to commencement of construction. Listed below are the manual, materials, details, and forms used by the Development group.
SJCUD has updated its Utility Standards effective May 17, 2022. The last official update was 2006. The proposed changes in procedures, design standards, construction specifications, approved materials, drawings and details, and forms used before, during, and after construction can be reviewed by clicking the link below. The proposed changes provide advances in materials, improvements in construction methods, and establish clarified processes and guidelines for utility installations. Questions and comments may be emailed to the Development Engineer.
- Manual of Water, Wastewater and Reuse Design Standards and Specifications including a Summary of Changes.
- 1A Design Submittal Checklist
- Standard Details – 24x36 sheets in PDF or DWG format
- GN-01 – General Notes – PDF | DWG
- D-01 – General Details – PDF | DWG
- D-02 – General Details – PDF | DWG
- D-03 – Water Details – PDF | DWG
- D-04 – Water Details – PDF | DWG
- D-05 – Sewer Details – PDF | DWG
- D-06 – Sewer Details – PDF | DWG
- PS-1 – Pump Station Detail – PDF | DWG
- PS Electrical Plan – 240V 100A – PDF
- PS Electrical Plan – 240V 200A – PDF
- PS Electrical Plan – 480V.pdf – PDF
- Pump Station Fencing Detail – PDF | DWG
- For comments / questions about the Manual, please contact the Development Engineer.
- Construction Process Guidelines are now included in Part I of the Manual.
- Pre Construction Forms
- Inspection Report Forms
- 2C - Inspection – Wet Tap
- 2D - Inspection – Main Flushing
- 2E - Inspection – PVC and DI Pressure and Leakage Test
- 2F - Inspection – HDPE Pressure and Leakage Test
- 2G - Inspection – Pump Station Startup
- 2H - Inspection – Compaction-Gravity Sewer
- 2I - Inspection – Compaction-Pressure Pipe
- 2J - Inspection – Locate Wire
- 2K - Inspection – Walk-through Requirements
- 2L - Inspection – Walk-through Checklist
- 2M - Inspection – Warranty Checklist
- 2N - Inspection – Private Pump Station
- 2O - Affidavit – Private Pump Station
- Project Close-out Documentation
- 3A - Interim Service Agreement
- 3B - Close out – Backflow Preventer Certification
- 3C - Close out – Release of Lien
- 3D - Close out - Schedule of Values – PDF | XLSX (Excel)
- 3E - Close out – Warranty
- 3F - Close out – Bill of Sale
- 3G - Close out – Electronic As-built Drawing Submittal
- 3H - Close out – As-built Drawing Certification
- 3I - Close out – Special Warranty Deed
- 3J - Close out – Easement (Request from SJCUD Project Inspector)