Get the latest Solid Waste updates, resources, and more! Sign up for the monthly Solid Waste Newsletter
Garbage, recycling, and yard debris collection schedules are managed directly by the residential service providers. If you need to inquire about your scheduled day of service, please see the contact information below for Republic Services and Waste Management for further assistance.
- Waste Management provides residential curbside service to residents in the southern half of St. Johns County and can be reached directly at (904) 827-1005.
- Republic Services provides residential curbside service to residents in the northern half of St. Johns County and can be reached directly at (904) 825-0991.
- Service Provider Collection Boundaries Map
Residential Garbage Guidelines
- Place all household garbage into trash cans or plastic trash bags secured to prevent scattering of waste due to animals or wind.
- Place cans and bags curbside within 3 to 5 feet of the edge of the traveled portion of the roadway by 6 am on scheduled collection day.
- Garbage placed in front of vacant lots, lands, or properties will not be collected.
- View, print, or download the Residential Guidelines Brochure.
- Garbage, recycling and yard debris must be separated by resident and placed curbside by 6 a.m. on the scheduled collection day.
- Non-containerized garbage, excluding bulky waste, will not be collected. No can or bag may exceed 50 lbs.
- Special waste such as tires, construction & demolition debris, and household hazardous waste is not collected curbside.
Large Item Pick Up
- Recycle appliances curbside by scheduling a collection with your service provider.
- Place large, bulky items out at the curb next to your regular garbage. This includes: couches, sectionals, mattresses, household furniture, etc.
For residential yard waste information, visit the Yard Waste page.
Questions or Concerns?
Do you have any questions or concerns regarding your residential curbside services? Please contact us at (904) 827-6980 for further assistance.