2021 Summer Camps
COVID-19 UPDATES: St. Johns County Corona Virus (COVID-19) Response site.
The 2021 Summer Camp Lottery Registration Closed on March 12.
Super Summer Camps 2021
The Parks & Recreation Department Camps are for children ages 5*-12 (*only five year olds that have completed kindergarten by the start of camp are eligible), and held at six locations in St. Johns County.
Camps emphasize outdoor activities and are staffed by experienced, motivated leaders from within our community. Campers get to participate in a variety of activities including field trips, arts & crafts, and swimming.
Registration is not first-come, first-serve. Names are drawn at random so that all resident children entered have an equal chance. Lottery Registration Closed at 5 p.m., March 12, 2021.Â
Summer Camp Counselor Positions
Apply now to be a summer camp staff member for the St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department. Our counselors help our campers have an experience they will never forget as they build relationships that last a lifetime! Candidates must be child focused, fun to be around, self-starting, hardworking, and enjoy working with a team. Applicants can contact Brian James at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to apply.
Summer Camp Lottery Registration
Entries for the lottery are accepted through 5 p.m. on March 12, 2021. Registration is not on a first-come, first-serve basis. Names are drawn at random so that all resident children entered have an equal chance at participation. The lottery will be held on March 22, 2021. You do not need to be present. Results of the lottery will be mailed out no later than April 5, 2021.
How the Lottery Works
- Participants are chosen at random by drawing names via computer. The lottery will be held Monday, March 22. You do NOT need to be present for the lottery.
- We will mail out notifications immediately following the lottery. All results will be mailed early April, so please be patient and wait for your results before contacting our offices.
- If your first camp location choice is full, you will be placed in your second choice; if your second choice is full, you will be placed on the Waiting List of your first choice.
- If the Waiting List for your first choice is full, you will be placed on the waiting list of your second choice. If both waiting lists are full, we will be unable to enroll your children in the Summer Spectacular program or place them on a waiting list.
Summer Camp Dates & Hours
- Camp starts June 21 and ends July 30. Hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
2021 Camp Fees
- Camp Rate: $430 per child;
- Reduced Rate: $330 per child; (Must qualify.) To receive the reduced rate you must qualify for Reduced Lunch with the St. Johns County School Board. You will be required to submit your paper work with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
- Free Rate: $230 per child; (Must qualify.) To receive the free rate you must qualify for Free Lunch with the St. Johns County School Board. You will be required to submit your paper work with your registration forms to receive the discounted rate per child.
2021 Camp Locations
- Davis Park Field House 210 Davis Park Road, Ponte Vedra – 40 Campers
- Ketterlinus Gym 60 Orange Street, St. Augustine – 75 campers
- Plantation Park 3060 Racetrack Road, St. Johns – 25 Campers
- Trout Creek 6795 Collier Road, Mill Creek – 30 Campers
- W.E. Harris Community Center 400 East Harris Street, Hastings Contact site directly to register (904) 692-3655 – 100 Campers
Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Program
The CIT Program will not be offered for 2021 Camp Year.
Do you like the outdoors? Have you ever wanted to be a day camp counselor? Then the Counselor-In-Training Program might be for you! Registration for this program is first-come, first-serve; applications will be available beginning April 5, 2021.
- A 6-week youth program for teens ages 13-16.
- Learn valuable job training and leadership skills.
- Work side-by-side with Counselors of the Super Summer Spectacular Program.
The program runs in the summer, Monday through Friday, for eight working hours daily. A mandatory training for all CIT applicants will be held in June, date/time to be announced. At completion of this training, each CIT will be placed in a Super Summer Spectacular program where he or she will receive one-on-one training and learn what it takes to become a day camp counselor.
The CIT Mission
The St. Johns County Parks & Recreation Department Counselor-In-Training program offers past campers educational and leadership experiences, preparing them to be the future leaders of our camps and their communities.
Questions? For more information on the 2020 Summer Camp registration process, contact Brian James 904.209.0365 or email@example.com.
Parks & Recreation Newsletter
Be in the know about what's happening in our parks with our Parks and Recreation Newsletter.
Jr. Lifeguard Program
Join one of the top Lifeguard programs in the state of Florida. Train with the top Lifeguards on the St. Johns County Beaches and pool. Click for more information.
SJC Parks and Recreation – Where everybody plays.