Community Development Block Grant
News & Announcements
2019 Community Development Block Grant
St. Johns County anticipates receiving Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds for the 2019-2020 Federal Fiscal Year. 2019 CDBG Public Notice
- SURVEY – The first step in planning for this new year of funding is inviting citizens to provide their input and opinions on the housing and community development needs of the County. Please take a moment to share your opinions. 2019 Community Survey
- COMMUNITY MEETINGS – Several meetings are planned in locations across the County, for the purpose of providing information about the CDBG program and learning about the needs of local communities. At these meetings, the Community Survey and CDBG applications will be available. 2019 Community Meeting Schedule
- CDBG APPLICATION – Through the application process, the County makes CDBG funds available to eligible community organizations. The 2019 Application is now available. Completed applications are due on May 3, 2018. 2019 CDBG Application & Instructions
2018-2019 CDBG Annual Action Plan – The 2018-2019 Annual Action Plan was approved by the St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners on July 17, 2018. The Annual Action Plan is now being reviewed by staff of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). HUD approval of the Action Plan is expected by the end of September, with the funding to be available before December 2018.
For the 2018-2019 Fiscal Year, HUD allocated $918,973 for St. Johns County. The FY2018-2019 Action Plan will provide for the following expenditures:
- $258,282 for renovations and improvements to the Flagler Estates Park.
- $129,722 for renovations and improvements to the Armstrong Park.
- $297,175 for installation of a sidewalk in Flagler Estates.
- $50,000 for homeless prevention services.
- $183,794 for HUD-approved administrative and planning costs associated with establishing and maintaining a CDBG program.
Community Development Block Grant Program
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is a flexible program that provides communities with resources to address a wide range of unique community development needs. Beginning in 1974, the CDBG program is one of the longest continuously run programs at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The CDBG program provides annual grants on a formula basis to 1209 general units of local government and States. St Johns County, in cooperation with the City of St Augustine Beach, met the population requirement in 2015 to be considered an Entitlement Community by HUD. The CDBG entitlement program allocates annual grants to larger cities and urban counties to develop viable communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and opportunities to expand economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons.
- 2019 CDBG Funding Survey Meetings Application – Public Notice
- 2019 CDBG Survey
- 2019 Community Meeting Schedule
- 2019 CDBG Application & Instructions
- Analysis of Impediments - Draft 12-21-18
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice Public Notice
- 2017-2018 CAPER – Draft
- 2017-2018 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report – Public Notice
- Fair Housing Forums - Public Meetings Notice
- Fair Housing Survey
- 2018-2019 Annual Action Plan – Draft
- 2018-2019 Proposed Action Plan – Public Notice
- 2018 CDBG Survey Results
- 2018 CDBG Application Scoring Public Notice
- 2018 CDBG Survey – CLOSED
- 2018 CDBG Application – CLOSED
- 2018 CDBG Meeting Schedule
- St. Johns County 2016-2020 Consolidated Plan
- St. Johns County Citizen Participation Plan
- Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report – Public Notice
- Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report
- 2016-2017 Action Plan Substantial Amendment Draft 11/17/2017
- Substantial Amendment Public Notice 11/17/2017 – Posted November 17, 2017
- CDBG Public Meeting Notice – November 27, 2017
- Substantial Amendment Public Notice – Date Changed to October 3, 2017
- Substantial Amendment Public Notice – Cancelled due to Hurricane Irma
- Substantial Amendment to Consolidated Plan & 2016-2017 Action Plan – Draft (7MB PDF)
- 2017-2018 Annual Action Plan – Public Notice
- Scoring Notice 2017
- 2017 CDBG Public Hearings
- 2017 CDBG Application – CLOSED
- 2017 CDBG Survey – CLOSED