Wind-Borne Debris Regions – Based on the Fifth Edition 2014 Florida Building Code, Wind Speeds established in St. Johns County: Category I is 122 mph and includes screen enclosures, temporary, agricultural, and minor storage buildings. Category II is 132 mph and includes all residential, most commercial, and buildings or structures not included in Categories I, III, and IV. Category III and IV structures is 142 mph and includes buildings and structures with a substantial hazard to human life and essential facilities.
Please Note: Contractors in Florida performing renovation, repair and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in homes, child care facilities, and schools built before 1978 must be certified and follow specific work practices to prevent lead contamination. Click for complete information and requirements.
The Building Services Division permits and inspects construction activity in St. Johns County to protect the life, health and property of our community. Our contractor licensing program ensures that contractors have demonstrated the knowledge and experience required to perform their trade.
Just getting started?
The following links contain information that will help you complete your project successfully.
Online Management Tools
Tools available 24/7 with Building e-Services:
- Permit Status – Check inspection history and permit status.
- Cost Estimator – Calculate permit and plan review fees.
- Reports – Create reports about permit activity.
- Plan Log – View plan review comments and status.
- Contractor Search – Verify that a contractor is registered and allowed to work in St. Johns County.
- Private Account – Schedule or cancel inspections online.
- Online Permits – Permit mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
Contact, Location, & Hours
Open 7:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
4040 Lewis Speedway, St. Augustine, Florida, 32084. Map
Phone: (904) 827-6800
Fax: (904) 827-6849
Phone: (904) 827-6820
Fax: (904) 827-6847
St Johns County Building Services – Committed to Building Safety