- Public Comment Needed to Stop Seismic Airgun Testing Off Our Shores – Join the St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners in opposition to seismic airgun testing off the Florida coastline. Seismic airgun testing is used to find offshore oil and gas deposits by shooting extremely loud bursts of sound every ten seconds for days or weeks at a time. The potential impacts to marine life could be catastrophic with as many as 38 marine species impacted, including the endangered North Atlantic Right Whale. Visit the BOEM website and enter your comment that Seismic Airgun Testing off St. Johns County's shoreline is unacceptable and will negatively impact our residents, visitors, and marine wildlife. More information and other options for submitting your comments before the May 7 2014 deadline.
- St. Johns County Beach Lighting and Sea Turtle Workshop – St. Johns County and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will host "Wildlife and Lights. The Official Marine Turtle Lighting Course: Balancing Property Rights, Safety, and Sea Turtle Survival" at 2 p.m., April 30 at the City of St. Augustine Beach City Hall, 2200 A1A S. The free, educational workshop will include information regarding the protection of sea turtles, minimizing the impacts of beach lighting on wildlife, and St. Johns County's beach lighting requirements. For additional information, please call (904) 209-0323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Main Library Re-opening and Celebration – The St. Johns County Public Library System and Friends of the Main Library invite patrons of all ages to celebrate in the grand re-opening of the Main Library at 9:15 a.m., Saturday, May 3. Opening remarks begin at 9:30 a.m. followed by light refreshments and tours of the facility improvements, including an expanded children's library with a mural by local artist Wendy Tatter, a redesigned adult reading area with enhanced seating, a young adult space offering a quiet area for homework and projects, and completely renovated, ADA-friendly public restrooms. The Main Library will resume normal operating hours on Monday, April 28. For more information, contact the Main Library at (904) 827-6940 or visit www.sjcpls.org.
- COA and St. Johns County Celebrate New Partnership with Republic Services – Members of the St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners and representatives from the Council on Aging gathered on April 16 to celebrate a new partnership with Republic Services that will provide sponsorship funding for The Players Community Senior Center in Ponte Vedra (See Photo) . In addition to supporting the valuable services and programs hosted at the facility, Republic will provide additional support for the senior community with a variety of projects and programs including enhanced recycling efforts, gardening, and tree planting. Jay Morris, St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners Chair, and Becky Yanni, COA Executive Director, thanked Republic Services representative Douglass Whitehead for supporting St. Johns County seniors and selecting the Council on Aging for the new partnership.
- West Augustine Nuisance Abatement Board will hold a meeting on Monday, April 28, 2014, at 9:00 a.m. in Conference Room 1-A of the St. Johns County Permit Center, 4040 Lewis Speedway, St. Augustine, Florida 32084. The purpose of this meeting will be to discuss interests and issues that affect the West Augustine Nuisance Abatement Board. Full Public Notice and Agenda.
- Sport Shorts Soccer – The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks dept. will hold a 6 week Sport Sports soccer camp for children ages 3 to 5 years old at Treaty Park beginning Tuesday, May 6, 2014. The camp will be every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. More information and registration form.
- Viva Vilano! Vilano Beach Main Street, Inc. announces its newest video release highlighting the style, personality, and history of St. Johns County's Vilano Beach. The Vilano Beach Town Center is a walkable half mile area between two waterfronts with a unique sense of place. It is located two miles over the Intracoastal Waterway from St. Augustine, the oldest city in America founded in 1565; and became a Florida Main Street Community in 2003. Visit the Vilano Beach Town Center website to learn more about this unique waterfront destination.
- St. Johns County Board and Committee Vacancies – St. Johns County is currently accepting applications for volunteer Board and Committee vacancies.. Current Board and Committee vacancies.
- Turtletown Beach Clean-up – Solid Waste Management invites residents to help prepare our local beaches for sea turtle nesting season by sweeping our beaches clean during the 13th Annual Turtletown Beach Cleanup from 8 to 11 a.m. on April 26. Volunteers of all ages are welcome to participate. Registration forms, bags, and gloves will be available on the day of the clean-up. Individuals, groups, clubs, schools, churches, and scouts are welcome to volunteer. Community Service certificates are available for all students. For more information, read Turtletown Beach Clean-up.
- 2014 Just Tri It! Kids Triathlon – Children ages 5 through 14 are invited to join the fun and participate in the St. Johns County Just Tri It! Kids Triathlon May 4 at the Solomon Calhoun Center, 1300 Duval Street. This non-competitive event provides everyone with the chance to participate in a triathlon. The first 250 children to pick up race packets will receive a Just Tri It! T-shirt, and every child that completes the race will get a medal for their accomplishment. Just Tri It!
- Capital Improvement Plan and Fiscal Year 15 Budget Guidelines Workshop – The St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners held a workshop at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 to discuss Balancing Community Needs with Projected Revenues and Fiscal Year Budget Guidelines. For additional information, please review the presentation or call (904) 209-0549.
- Special Meeting of the Board of County Commissioners – The Board of County Commissioners of St. Johns County, Florida held a special meeting Friday, February 7, 2014. The purpose was to conduct a Concurrency Workshop to have discussion of Transportation Planning topics and the County Transportation Concurrency Program. Community Notice, Proposed Concurrency Changes, Concurrency Presentation and Memos, December 2013 Meeting Minutes, Concurrency Workshop.
- Meet the Featured Adoptable Pets of the Week! You can also help them over on our Facebook page with a like & a share. www.facebook.com/SJCFL
- Board of County Commission Meeting Agendas – View agendas on the Clerk of Courts website. For information related to an agenda item, just click the text of that item.
- MySJCFL – Find out who your Commissioner is, what library branch is closest, school zones, House and Senate Districts, and more @ MySJCFL.
- Interested in proposed development projects? See the Development Permit Database.
- Drive in St. Johns County? Get road construction advisories at www.sjcfl.us/Traffic.
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities.
Public records requests may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or contacting us directly. For more information, please contact Board of County Commissioners Records Management @ email@example.com, or by phone: (904) 209-0805.
Fair Housing – For questions about the Fair Housing Act compliance, please contact: Homeownership Programs Administrator, Dana Froberg at (904) 827-6895.
Americans with Disabilities Act – For questions in reference to Title II Procedures regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the St Johns County Compliance Officer, Wayne Pacetti at (904) 209-0650.
Equal Opportunity Employment – For questions about Equal Opportunity Employment compliance, please contact Director of Personnel, Stacey Stanish at (904) 209-0545.