- FY2016 and Beyond: Balancing Revenue with Community Needs – The St. Johns Board of County Commissioners held a special meeting on February 12, 2015 to solicit public input regarding the challenge of balancing available revenues with community expectations. After a brief presentation outlining the County's current and projected financial environment, the Board received public feedback pertaining to the issues related to the funding of future services including transportation projects, the Fire Rescue Department, the Sheriff's Office, parks, recreational programming, social services, library facilities and programming, beach management, and other important community services. At the February 17, 2015 regular meeting, the Board of County Commissioners approved a motion directing staff to explore the feasibility of a new revenue source, and that process is currently underway. For additional information, please review the FY2016 and Beyond Presentation presented to the Board of County Commissioners by County Administrator Michael D. Wanchick during the meeting. If you would like to submit feedback regarding this important topic, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 904.209.1202.
- Lighting Workshop for Coastal Corridor Overlay Districts is scheduled for Thursday, April 30, 2015 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Permit Center. Meeting Agenda
- Tourist Development Council Regular Meeting is scheduled for Monday, April 20, 2015 at 1:30 p.m. in the County Auditorium. Meeting Agenda
- St. Johns County Pet Center Closed April 17-18 for Mega Adoption Event – Residents may claim a lost pet April 17 by appointment only. Standard business hours resume Tuesday, April 21. The event is April 17-19 at the Jacksonville Fairgrounds, and will feature more than 1,000 pets at reduced adoption rates. For more information, please call 904.209.6190. Animal Control Mega Adoption Event
- St. Johns County Library and Sheriff's Office Join Forces to Promote Bicycle Safety at Bikes & Books Event – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 18 at the Southeast Branch Library. There will be helmet fittings, bicycle-handling and "how to" stations, Velo Fest bicycle rodeo, Sprockets Bicycle Shop quick clinics, and the Hyppo Food Truck will give a fee popsicle to anyone who brings their own helmet to be fitted. For more information, visit www.sjcpls.org or call 904.827.6918.
- Sublime with Rome and special guests Rebelution, Pepper and Mickey Avalon live at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre on Sunday, August 16, 2015. Tickets go on sale Monday, April 20 at 10 a.m. St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- Counting Crows and special guest Citizen Cope live at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre on Sunday, August 2, 2015. Tickets on sale now. St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- Stay Informed During Severe Weather Using 511 Traveler Information System – Florida Department of Transportation's (FDOT) 511 Traveler Information System is a great way for both residents and visitors to stay informed on traffic conditions during severe weather events. 511 Traveler Information System
- Celebrate National Library Week – April 12 - 18 the St. Johns County Public Library System joins libraries nationwide in celebrating National Library Week and highlighting the changing role of libraries, librarians, and support staff. National Library Week
- Rob Thomas and special guests Plain White T's at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre on July 25. Tickets on sale now. St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- Steve Earle and his band The Dukes with special guests The Mastersons at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall on May 21. Tickets on sale now. Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- Ottmar Liebert and his band Luna Negra will be at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hallon Friday, June 26. Tickets on sale now. Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- St. Johns County Transportation Advisory Group (TAG) Annual Meeting to prioritize roadway and FDOT transportation alternatives fund projects for submission to the Board of County Commissioners will be held on April 27 at 10:00 a.m. A second meeting is scheduled for May 11, 2015 at 10:00 a.m., if needed. Contact Jan Trantham at 209.0611 or email@example.com for additional information or questions. Meeting Details
- April Events at Your Public Library – Listings by branch.
- Money Wi$e Week – The St. Johns County Public Library System and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants are teaming up to present Free Financial Workshops for All the Stages of Your Life in the fourth annual Wi$e Money Week, April 26- May 2, 2015. Money Wi$e Week.
- Guided Kayak Tour – At Trout Creek on Friday, April 24. The tour will give participants an opportunity to explore wilderness, learn local history, and discover local flora and fauna with County Naturalist AyoLane Halusky. Guided Kayak Tour Details.
- St. Johns County Board of County Commission regular meetings are held each month on the first and third Tuesdays at 9:00 am in the St. Johns County Auditorium. Agendas | Minutes | Calendar
- Negotiation Meetings – Representatives of the Collective Bargaining Team of St. Johns County and of the International Association of Firefighters Local #3865 will meet in public session for the purpose of collective bargaining contract negotiations. 2015 Schedule.
- Accomplishments, Accolades, and Recognitions – Learn about the investment of public resources and the difficult role the County Commission plays in successfully guiding our county to its status of one of the most successful in Florida. More information.
- Meet the Featured Adoptable Pets of the Week!
- Road Construction Advisories – www.sjcfl.us/Traffic.
- Board of County Commission Meeting Agendas may be viewed on the Clerk of Courts website.
- MySJCFL – Find out who your Commissioner is, what library branch is closest, school zones, House and Senate Districts, and more @ MySJCFL.
- Interested in proposed development projects? See the Development Permit Database.
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities.
Public records requests may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or contacting us directly. For more information, please contact Board of County Commissioners Records Management @ firstname.lastname@example.org, or (904) 209-0805.
Fair Housing – For questions about the Fair Housing Act compliance, please contact: Homeownership Programs Administrator, Dana Froberg at (904) 827-6895.
Americans with Disabilities Act – For questions about Americans with Disabilities Act Procedures, please contact the Compliance Officer, Katie Diaz at (904) 209-0650.
Equal Opportunity Employment – For questions about Equal Opportunity Employment compliance, please contact Director of Personnel, Stacey Stanish at (904) 209-0545.