- St. Johns County Fire Rescue is pleased to announce the 2013 Firefighter, Paramedic and Department Employee of the Year. Selected based on nominations received from their peers, with the final decision being made by a department appointed awards committee, Lieutenant Scott Bullard was selected as the Paramedic of the Year, Firefighter Art Naidzich was selected as the Firefighter of the Year, and Administrative Coordinator Rosemarie Frey was selected as the Department Employee of the Year. All of these individuals will be formally recognized during a department awards ceremony scheduled for December 12, 2013 in the St. Johns County Administration building. SJCFR Recognizes Employees.
- Snowball: The Bear Who Saved Christmas Illustrator to Visit St. Johns County Main Library December 12 – Deborah Spiller, Illustrator of Snowball: The Bear Who Saved Christmas authored by the late Dr. Gerald "Jerry" Gamache, will be the Main Branch Library's guest at 11 a.m. on December 12 and will read to children in the large meeting room at the Main Branch Library followed by a book signing session. Patrons can bring their own copies to be signed or they can purchase one at the event. A portion of the sales will go to the Friends of the Library fund. Adults are also welcome to attend. During his life, Dr. Gamache was an ardent supporter of both the library system and a former Associate Professor of Psychology at Flagler College. This event is hosted by The Friends of The Library of St. Johns County. For additional information, please visit www.sjcpls.org or call (904) 827-6943.
- Ponte Vedra Beach Branch Library Livens Up the Season with Holiday Parties for Families and Teens – The whole family is invited for a holiday-themed crafting party hosted by the teens of the Arts in Motion Club, librarians, and library volunteers from 4–6 p.m. on December 11. Youth between the ages 13–18 are additionally invited to a special Teen Holiday Party just for them between 2–5 p.m. on December 20. Additional information is available by visiting www.sjcpls.org or by calling (904) 827-6950. Ponte Vedra Branch Holiday Parties.
- Tai-Chi Workshop at St. Johns County Main Branch Library Offering Health Improvement Alternative – The St. Johns County Public Library System is offering patrons the chance to enter the healing journey by participating in a free introductory Tai-Chi workshop. Additional sessions are scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on December 11 and 18 at its Main Branch location, 1960 N. Ponce de Leon Blvd. Participants can attend the sessions individually or consecutively. Tai Chi at the Library.
- 1st Annual Pickleball Tournament and Social – Pickleball Players of all skill levels are invited to participate in a casual, blind draw doubles tournament and social on Saturday, December 14, at the Treaty Park Small Pavilion, 1595 Wildwood Drive. Eight courts are available for those interested in open casual play. Registration begins at 9 a..m., and teams will be drawn at 10 a.m. Entry is free. Participants are requested to bring their own drinks and snacks. For more information, please contact Joe Shakar at email@example.com or 904.209.0385.
- Fire Rescue and Firefighters for Families annual Holiday toy and food drive needs your help! This year, FF4F has been asked to adopt 100+ St. Johns County Families in need. This is a big goal, but we look forward to working with the community to help those in need during this holiday season. Donations of new unwrapped toys and non-perishable food items can be dropped off at any St. Johns County fire station and Fire Rescue Administration through December 20th. If you have questions, or would like to help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (904) 209-1747. More Information.
- St. Johns County Public Library System December Calendar of Events – Find out what's happening at your local library.
- TPO Transportation Issues Survey – The North Florida Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) is conducting a survey of transportation-related issues to assist with the development of a regional long-range transportation plan. Please take the survey at pathforward2040.com/get-involved to provide feedback regarding your transportation specific issues, how gas prices affect the choices you make, and how you believe transportation investments should be funded. Every five years, the TPO updates the Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) to address road, transit, freight, bike and pedestrian needs over the next 20-25 years. The previous 2035 Long Range Transportation Plan was adopted in 2009. Please visit pathforward2040.com for additional information.
- A December to Remember Festivities Forecasts a Flurry of Fun for All Ages – Winter will come, even to Florida, and the St. Augustine Amphitheatre and Ponte Vedra Concert Hall are ringing their holiday bells for residents and visitors to enjoy family-friendly fun with the coolest entertainment and events this season. The “Community First Credit Union’s A December to Remember” will present free and ticketed events in St. Johns County throughout December including a drive-in movie, concerts, live performances, food drives, train rides, visits with Santa, and a Blizzard Bounce House. For more event information, read the Press Release or visit www.adecembertoremember.com.
- Sign Up for the New St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners E-Newsletters. The St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners E-Newsletters provide insightful information regarding County initiatives, projects, programs, facilities, and special events. Distributed quarterly, each newsletter contains County-wide information and content specific to the respective District and the County Commissioner elected to represent that area. Please visit the registration page to sign up for your district newsletter or the newsletter of any other district of interest.
- St. Johns County Libraries Encouraging Patrons to Help Put Meals on Tables this Holiday Season with "Food for Fines" Program – St. Johns County Public Libraries are offering patrons the opportunity to resolve overdue fines and help those in need this holiday season through the "Food for Fines" program. Library staff will accept non-perishable food items in lieu of overdue library fines from November 4 through December 21, 2013. All donations will be delivered to the St. Johns County Food Closet and will be distributed locally to help meet increased need for meals during the holiday season. Food for Fines Program.
- Meet the Featured Adoptable Pets of the Week! You can also help them over on our Facebook page with a like & a share. www.facebook.com/SJCFL
- Roberts Road Traffic – The Engineering Division's Improvement Study may be viewed online at www.sjcfl.us/Engineering.
- Palm Valley Area Sidewalk Improvements – Project powerpoint presentation, aerial photos, and design plans available through the Engineering Division.
- Board of County Commission Meeting Agendas – View agendas on the Clerk of Courts website. For information related to an agenda item, just click the text of that item.
- MySJCFL – Find out who your Commissioner is, what library branch is closest, school zones, House and Senate Districts, and more @ MySJCFL.
- Committees and Boards vacancies.
- Interested in proposed development projects? See the Development Permit Database.
- Drive in St. Johns County? Get road construction advisories at www.sjcfl.us/Traffic.
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities.
Public records requests may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or contacting us directly. For more information, please contact Board of County Commissioners Records Management @ email@example.com, or by phone: (904) 209-0805.
Fair Housing – For questions about the Fair Housing Act compliance, please contact: Homeownership Programs Administrator, Dana Froberg at (904) 827-6895.
Americans with Disabilities Act – For questions in reference to Title II Procedures regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the St Johns County Compliance Officer, Wayne Pacetti at (904) 209-0650.
Equal Opportunity Employment – For questions about Equal Opportunity Employment compliance, please contact Director of Personnel, Stacey Stanish at (904) 209-0545.